Katie Chalmers’ new children's book, Mommy, What Is Celiac Disease, grew out of personal experience: she was diagnosed with the disease in 2007 and, after having her children tested, discovered that her daughter Morgan has it too.
Katie's book, which is neatly illustrated with drawings atop colorful photographs, relates a conversation between a mother and her young daughter who learns that she has celiac disease. In the exchange, the little girl understands that while her diet will be changing, her youthful enthusiasm will not be diminished. The book is available locally at Wegmans for a discounted price of $11.16 and is being carried in the Nature’s Marketplace area of the stores. For more information about the book and to view sample pages, visit Katie's website (the book can be purchased there as well); you can also "like" her on Facebook and follow her on Twitter.
Gluten Free Philly and nine other gluten-free blogs - Accustomed Chaos, Adventures of a GF Mom, Be Free For Me, Celiac Family, Gluten Free Betsy, Gluten Free Easily, Gluten Free is Life, Gluten Free Taste of Home and Simply Sugar & Gluten Free - are participating in the “Gluten-Free Holiday Giveaway Galore x10!” through Wednesday, December 15. Readers can win one of 10 holiday gift bags loaded with gluten-free goodies and treats for celiac children. The gift bag includes:
- A signed copy of Mommy, What is Celiac Disease?
- Schar 123 Milly PlayMais dice game & biodegradable natural toy activity brick set
- Schar products: Cheese Bites, Chocolate -or- Vanilla Sandwich Creme Cookies, Hazelnut Wafers
- Pamela’s Products: Single Serve Pancake Mix, Single Serve Brownie Mix, Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookie two-pack, tablespoon/teaspoon measuring spoon, kids-sized t-shirt - color will vary
- Nature’s Path: Peanut Butter Panda Puffs & crispy rice bars- flavors will vary, $1-off coupons
- Mary’s Gone Crackers: one of the following: box of cookies -or- crackers -or- Sticks & Twigs
- Snyder’s of Hanover: bag of gluten-free pretzel sticks
- Chebe: pizza crust mix -or- all purpose bread mix
- Bob’s Sweet Stripes: one bag of soft peppermint candy sticks
- Stuffed teddy bear: colors may vary
- Holiday pencils, eraser, holiday notepad & plastic snowman cereal bowl
- Large holiday gift bag & small holiday gift bag & tissue paper - will need to be assembled to give as a gift
Make sure your comment provides a way for you to be contacted. If your comment does not link back to an email address, blog or website through which I can get in touch with you (some past entrants have blocked their Blogger profiles), post your email address in the comment in the following format: "name[at]domain[dot]suffix."
Here are the rules:
- All 10 giveaways are open to residents of the United States. The Accustomed Chaos and Gluten Free Easily giveaways are also open to Canadian residents. The entry period begins on Wednesday, December 1, 2010 and ends on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 at 10 p.m. EST.
- Entry requirements will vary between bloggers. Please follow the site-specific directions to enter.
- Entrants can only win once total within all 10 giveaways. If anyone is chosen more than once as a winner, another winner will be chosen so everyone only wins once.
- One winner per household.
- Winners with valid entries will be selected at random. The winners will be announced and notified via email and must reply within 24 hours to claim. Otherwise, another eligible entry will be chosen, in order that all prizes will arrive before Christmas. So please remember to check your email on Thursday, December 16.
- If any of the 10 prizes do not arrive before Christmas because of any unforeseen holiday mail rush problems, the United States Postal Service, Katie Chalmers and hosting bloggers will not be held accountable.
DISCLOSURE: Katie Chalmers has provided me with a review copy of the book and is offering the prize pack. Neither I am nor any immediate family member is an employee, officer, director or agent of hers or affiliated entities, advertising and promotional agencies. My full Disclosure Policy can be found at the blog's Disclosure page.