“The Importance of School Nurse Education & How-To Strategies for Parents of Gluten-Free Kids” is sponsored by Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery. Nina will:
- Explain the 504 Plan and its impact on the child's rights in the school environment
- Advise why school nurses should be educated on celiac disease and the gluten-free diet, including a review of their role in the classroom setting
- Provide a list of school support staff and their appropriate roles in accommodating a celiac child's needs
- Share strategies on how parents can maneuver the school year with their gluten-free child
- Offer tips and suggestions on how parents can create a safe and healthy gluten-free school environment, including recipes and common challenges in the classroom's social setting, such as lunch and snack time, birthday parties and field trips.
- 100% organic cotton t-shirt
- Large canvas grocery bag
- Kitchen items, including a refrigerator magnet and sticky note set
- $1-off coupon for a purchase of a Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bakery item
You can register through this link.