Now in its sixth year, the Robert Mondavi Discover Wine Tour is an interactive event that brings the Napa Valley wine country experience to wine lovers across the United States at various food and wine festivals. On Friday, October 21, the festival will feature cooking demonstrations and tips by Food Network Chopped host Ted Allen, a Robert Mondavi Private Selection Food & Wine Ambassador. Along with Ted at the Robert Mondavi Winery’s Napa-inspired tasting pavilion will be educational seminars and other interactive events. Robert Mondavi Discover Wine Tour highlights include:·
- Educational Seminar – a Wine 101 class to help learn the basics on what to look for (and taste) in every bottle
- Wine & Cooking Stage – demonstrations and tastings by local chefs and wine experts
- Essence Station – put your senses to the test and learn how to appreciate wines' subtle aromas
- Interactive iPad – email recipes and wine pairings, see photos, sign up for Winery news, and view tasting notes all at the touch of a button
- Mondavi Theater – watch a short documentary film showcasing how Robert Mondavi revolutionized the American wine industry
The prize pack includes a Robert Mondavi chef’s apron, Sigg Steel water bottle, keychain, and copy of Ted Allen’s The Food You Want to Eat cookbook. To enter, leave a comment to this post or on the Gluten Free Philly Facebook page about which variety of wine is your favorite.
Some brief guidelines: (1) please do not enter unless you or a family member is on a gluten-free diet; (2) one comment per person; (3) U.S. residents only. Most important is to make sure your comment provides a way for me to contact you, if not entering via Facebook. If your comment does not link back to an email address, blog or website through which I can get in touch with you (some past entrants have blocked their Blogger profiles), post your email address in the comment in the following format: "name[at]domain[dot]suffix."
The giveaway runs now through Sunday, October 16 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. I’ll randomly select one winner the next day and will contact him or her by email or through Facebook, depending on method of entry. If I don’t hear back from the person with his or her mailing address by the following Tuesday at 8 p.m. Eastern, I’ll select another name.
DISCLOSURE: Robert Mondavi Discover Wine Tour is offering the prize pack. Neither I am nor any immediate family member is an employee, officer, director or agent of Robert Mondavi or its respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, advertising and promotional agencies. My full Disclosure Policy can be found at the blog's Disclosure page.