New reader Sheila C. let me know that Erawan, Philadelphia's first Thai restaurant (123 S. 23rd St., 215-567-2542), can accommodate gluten-free diets.
The British Chip Shop in Haddonfield (146 E. Kings Highway, 856-354-0204) has expanded its gluten-free options to include pancakes at Sunday brunch and a veggie burger for lunch and dinner.
Philadelphia's recently opened Fare restaurant (2028 Fairmount Ave., 267-639-3063), which offers an organic, mostly gluten-free menu, has begun serving weekend brunch.
Delaware pizza chain Grotto Pizza now has two sizes of gluten-free pizza, in 9" and 12" varieties.
Cheeseburger in Paradise's Langhorne location at the Oxford Valley Mall has closed; the other area outlets in Exton and Newark remain open.
The holiday that October is best known for is Halloween, of course. The National Foundation for Celiac Awareness has posted its 2011 list of gluten-free candy.
Planning to make a purchase at Amazon.com? Support Gluten Free Philly by using this link or those below. It costs you nothing but earns us a small commission. Amazon Grocery has the following gluten-free items on sale throughout October (combine with a Subscribe & Save order for an additional 15% off):
- Kay's Naturals snacks: 15% off with code KAYSGF20
- Go Picnic ready-to-eat meals: 15% off with code GOPICGF5
- Pamela's cookies and bars: 15% off with code PAMCOOKI
- ThinkThin bars: 10% off with code THINKGF4
- Namaste Foods baking mixes: 10% off with code NAMAVOCT
- Pamela's baking mixes: 10% off with code PAMMIXES
- Chebe bread mixes: 10% off with code CHEBEGFI
- Oskri bars: 10% off with code OSKGFOCT
- Udi's granola: 10% off with code UDISOCT4
- Annie Chun's rice bowls: 10% off with code ANNIECJ8
Finally, a reminder that next Tuesday, October 11, Davio's Italian Steakhouse in Philadelphia will be hosting a gluten-free beer dinner. Reservations are being accepted at the restaurant by calling 215-563-4810.
Have a great weekend!