|CPK's gluten-free BBQ Chicken Pizza|
CPK recently launched five gluten-free pizza varieties in its restaurants: Original BBQ Chicken, Pepperoni, Mushroom Pepperoni Sausage, Margherita and an off-the-menu Untraditional Cheese. The chain partnered with the Gluten Intolerance Group on a comprehensive program to prevent cross-contamination, which includes:
- removing all wheat flour from the pizza prep station (rice flour is used in its place for all pizzas, gluten free or not)
- keeping all gluten-free topping ingredients within a designated area in blue containers with black lids and using blue gloves, special pans, designated cutting boards and wheels to prepare the pizzas
- using a gluten-free crust and other ingredients verified by CPK’s suppliers as gluten-free
- sanitizing prep areas
- washing hands thoroughly and wearing designated gloves during preparation
- using separate and designated pizza peels, spatulas, pizza wheels, utensils, plates
- cooking the pizzas in a separate foil pan
|CPK "flags" its gluten-free pizzas|
It's worth noting that any of CPK's pizzas can be made with the gluten-free crust for an additional $2, but the restaurant says that it can't ensure adherence to the procedures used to make the verified pies.
In addition to the Cherry Hill site, CPK can be found locally at malls in King of Prussia, Plymouth Meeting, Christiana and on City Avenue in Philadelphia.
DISCLOSURE: While California Pizza Kitchen provided a gift card for me to review the pizzas at no cost, such compensation did not influence my review. Neither I am nor any immediate family member is an employee, officer, director or agent of California Pizza Kitchen or its respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, advertising and promotional agencies. Click here for my complete Disclosure.