Short Hills Deli will be opening a Jersey Shore location in Ventnor (5000 Boardwalk) in time for the beach season. The kitchen will keep a separate toaster for gluten-free bread. (Thanks Jared G.)
Colonial Diner in Woodbury (924 N. Broad St., 856-848-6732) notes gluten-free items on their breakfast and lunch/dinner menus. Management says that gluten-free orders are prepared to avoid cross-contact.
The gluten-free stand at Citizens Bank Park has a more prominent location this season. The cart, which features pizza, cheesesteaks, pretzels and more, is now behind Section 125 on the main level.
IKEA - yes, IKEA - has introduced gluten-free veggie balls at its in-store restaurants. An order includes 10 veggie balls (made with chickpeas, green peas, carrots, corn, kale, and red bell peppers) and served with sweet potato sauce for $4.49.
In Tuesday's post, I reviewed the new gluten-free heat-and-serve breakfast sandwiches made with bagels and bialys from Kennett Square's Sweet Christine's Bakery.
- Butcher Craft London Broil Seasoned All Natural Beef Jerky & Buffalo Style All Natural Turkey Jerky
- Cheese Snack Pouches, available in three varieties: Vermont Cheddar Cheese, Gruyere Cheese, and a combo pack featuring 3 Pepper Colby Jack and Chipotle Gouda Cheeses
- Hummus Snack Packs, which come with an individual serving of All Natural Hummus paired with gluten-free pretzels and are available in two flavor options: Traditional Hummus or Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Hummus Singles, available in the following Hummus flavors: Traditional, Roasted Red Pepper and Roasted Chipotle Pepper.
- Antipasto Packs, available with Genoa Salame & Picante Provolone Cheese or Sopressata & Picante Provolone Cheese
Area GIANT supermarkets are hosting several gluten-free events this month. On Thursday, April 23, the Havertown store is sponsoring "Gluten Free Outside the Box" at 5 p.m., while the "Gluten-Free Fest" is at the Flourtown location at the same time. The Exton store will host the "Gluten-Free Fest" on Saturday, April 25 at 3 p.m. Registration is required.
Have a great weekend!
With the Gluten Free Philly app for iOS and Android devices, find more than 1,400 area gluten-free-friendly businesses on the go, search by cuisine or neighborhood, make reservations and more!